Types of computer network
Specific Objectives: At the end of this lesson a student will be able to:
- Student will be able to explain types of computer networks.
- Be able to ask questions according to lecture.
- Be able to improve our mind ability.
- (TYPES OF COMPUTER NETWORKS)
On the basics of geographic distance, computer networks are categorized into the following three types:
- LAN(local area network)
- WAN(Wide area network)
- MAN(Metropolitan area network)
- (LOCAL AREA NETWORK)
LAN is a network that is confined to a relatively small area. LAN is a most common type of network. A computer networks are usually owned by one organization.
- (ADVANTAGES OF LAN)
- User can save their work centrally on the network server.
- User can communicate with each other transfer data between computers very easily.
- Computer can share peripheral devices like printers, CD-ROM, etc.
- (DISADVANTAGE OF LAN)
- Special security measures are needed to stop unauthorized users.
- LANs need to be maintained by skilled personnel.
Presentation (Method of teaching):
Firstly, introduce our self-secondly to motivate students and then implement our lecture planning (theoretical works with book references).
Tool: white board, computer
|Contents||Key points||Time allocation|
ü Network and communication
ü LAN(local area network)
ü WAN(Wide area network)
ü MAN(Metropolitan area network)
ü LAN is a network that is confined to a relatively small area. LAN is a most common type of network. A computer networks are usually owned by one organization.
Types of computer network.
- Text book of computer science (8th)